Changing security settings on your Mac
In the operating system Catalina, Apple have changed the installation method for allowing software not distrubuted through the app store.
Follow these steps:
- Download the Mac version VSL course app from: https://courses.languages.vic.edu.au
- Launch the installation package. This message will appear:
The VSL course app is NOT malicious software or out of date. Click OK to close.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click on the padlock to enable the setting screen:
- If Allow app downloaded from is set to App Store only, select App Store and identified developers:
- Then click Open Anyway to begin the installation: